Akibento LLC ("us" , "we", or "our") is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If you have signed up to Akibento LLC subscriber list, any changes to this policy will be communicated via email. In line with new GDPR regulations, this policy will come into effect on 25th May 2018.
This policy will outline the following:
- The identity of the data controller (That’s us, Akibento LLC)
- The control you (the consumer) have over your personal data including the option you have, to request that all of your personal data is deleted, and how you should go about requesting that.
- What information we are collecting about you (the consumer)?
- How are we (Akibento LLC) using your data?
- How long your data will be kept for and where it will be stored?
- Who is Akibento LLC sharing your data with?
- Is your personal data being transferred outside of the EEC (European Economic Community)?
- What rights you (the consumer) have regarding your data?
- Internal House Keeping
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Other useful information about safe guarding your data.
- Contacting us
1. The Identity of the Data Controller
Akibento LLC is the sole data controller. All decisions regarding your data and the control of such are carried out directly by Akibento LLC.
2. The Control You Have Over Your Data.
- You (the consumer) have the right at any time to request that Akibento LLC deletes your personal data. Ultimately you are in complete control!
- Akibento LLC, may require the use of your data in order to perform the service/subscription detailed on the website. Whilst it is your (the consumers) choice to give Akibento LLC permission to use your data (strictly for the purpose detailed on the website), please be aware that the service/subscription you are entering in to requires the use certain information. Should you request that your data is deleted, then it may not be possible to continue with the service/subscription that you have signed up for.
- You can request that your data be deleted at any time by simply popping an email to our friendly team here at Akibento LLC.
- The email address is: email@example.com – Please type into the subject matter “Delete my Info”
3. What Info are we (Akibento LLC) Collecting?
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, deemed to be in the interest of you the consumer
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information)
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team, interact with us on social media)
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site
- Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
4. How Are We Using The Information We Gather?
We require information to understand your needs in order to fulfil the service/subscription that you have entered into:
- Your personal details and shipping address. This is used to verify who you are, and so that we know where to send your items!
- Your email address. This is used to send out dispatch dates, subscription renewal information, details of promotional benefits to you the consumer, payment details/issues; and any other directly related administrative functions. This will include direct marketing research to maintain and improve Akibento LLC. Completing of any questionnaire is entirely optional.
5. How Long Will We Keep Your Data
- Your data will be (as a minimum) kept during the length of your subscription, as this is fundamental in you receiving the service that you require.
- Upon terminating your subscription, all elements of your personal data (except for your email address) will become redundant. All data will be kept indefinitely to enable you (the consumer) to reactivate your account at a later date if you choose.
- Should you wish to have all of your data deleted please contact Akibento LLC Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon terminating your subscription, your email address will remain in use by Akibento LLC ONLY for the purpose of legitimate business reasons, to keep you the consumer informed of any great offers or benefits that might make you want to reactivate your subscription.
Should you wish for this element of data to be deleted also, please contact email@example.com
6. Who are We Sharing your Data With?
- With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
7. Is Your Data Being Shared outside the EEC.
Akibento LLC is based on the US hence your data is being shared outside the EEC but only within our organisation.
8. What Are Your Rights Regarding The Data We Hold on You?
As Individual consumers you have:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
In most instances it is necessary to hold this information in order for the subscription to function, in the intended way. Whilst you can request that any of the above be deleted, this may also result in your subscription being unable to operate, and as such your subscription would be terminated.
9. Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
12. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
13. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
14. Other useful information about controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
15. Contacting Us
304 North Townsend St, Unit G
Santa Ana, CA 92703